With the preparations for Christmas underway, the surroundings of our homes are already radiating the visible signs of the annual festival. The sweet aroma of cakes and cookies, decorating articles being available in markets, and various elves and angels hanging around the neighbourhood surely makes one want to live the best days sitting in the comfort of homes.
Years of gifting expensive and fancy objects on Christmas, which is the usual norm, it has been observed that not much is gained by such items. A recent trend in gifting books for Christmas 2020 is speculated due to the months of quarantine and development of indoor hobbies in people.
Ideal Gift: Good Books!
It is well known that books are the best friend to a man. They help in opening up new perspectives to view things in life. Having the habit to read a couple of pages each day make a person disciplined and teaches them a few new things over time. Therefore, best gifts for book lovers are to be selected and shared carefully. Book subscription can be the best gift for a book lover.
At Teatime Bookshop, we have formulated a Book Gift Guide to help the people decide how to land on to that perfect match of a book for their gift to the special person.
We have tried to provide a general idea on what factors to consider before buying the best book for Christmas 2020, the crucial of them being:
- Author – The most important aspect in understanding a piece of literature is the author. It is due to the author’s creativity that a person is able to connect with the story and live the wonderful characters. So, go for the celebrated authors whose work is well known.
- Genre– The theme or genre of a book’s story is as crucial as the period when it is being read. Reading a book about world’s history during Christmas will be interesting but impractical. Choosing the right genre for occasion is crucial!
- Plot – A book with an interesting plot is always cherished by readers than those that have mundane, repetitive, and monotonous plots. A good plot is determined by checking reviews online, so choose a better plot for the book.
- Sales– The number of units sold and amount of times the reprint took place is the direct indication about a good book’s credibility and demand in the market. Choose a book that checks both the options in high number.
- Series – Single issue books are good but they could never match the legendary status of a whole series of books gifted together. A long story being developed throughout the series takes the reader along a journey that is life changing. Therefore, choose the first book from a series and let the reader get hooked to the next ones!
Gift a book, make someone’s Christmas special!
Shop for Christmas Book Gift Hamper.