Being a parent is absolutely the best feeling in the world. However, raising a child, who is totally dependent on you to seek valuable lessons for life, is no easy task. Therefore, inculcating good habits, right from the infant stage of a child makes them become a better individual later in life.
Our team at Teatime Bookshop realises the importance of such good habits and encourages Reading to be adopted well early in life. To assist in the very objective, we have designed & created a list of ten very interesting books for children to read before they turn twelve.
At Teatime, our customers could avail the service of book subscription for kids on monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, or yearly basis.
For the sake of ease in sorting books, we further categorised them in three age slots, as recommendation.
For children in age range of 01 – 03 years, this slot is designed for toddlers, hence, is known as Toddler Book subscription
- The Ugly Duckling & Other Classic Fairy Tales – This book is a beautiful collection of classic tales for the readers to acquire good values & engage in reading much better.
- Guess How Much I Love You – This book for toddlers is written by Sam Mc Bratney & is illustrated by Anita Jeram, both well known artists who specialise in bestseller books for children.
- Dear Zoo – A life the flap book variant, this book is written by Rod Campbell & is loved by toddlers to learn new things.
For children in age range of 04 – 07 years, this slot is known as Children’s Book Subscription for for developing readers learning to read fluently by themselves:
- A Sister More Like Me – This book is written by Jean Hicks & illustrated by Brittney Lee, based on Disney’s blockbuster movie ‘Frozen’.
- Dinosaurs Love Underpants – A comical illustration formed into a book by Claire Freedman & Ben Cort, this book is the most sought by our customers.
- Charlie & Lola: But Excuse Me That Is My Book – This book is based on the original Charlie & Lola story collection and is a recommended fun to read.
For children in age range of 08 – 11 years, this slot is designed for children who understand things much better and are able to use their curiosity in a productive manner:
- Roald Dahl: The BFG – A good read by Quentin Blake, it is usually in demand by children.
- Horrid Henry’s Stink Bomb – Amazing work by Francese Simon, this book creates a lot of interest in the minds of budding readers.
- Horrible Histories: Vile Victorians – Authored by Terry Deary & illustrated by Martin Brown, this books teaches about History in an interesting manner.
- Abigail: The Breeze Fairy – This story of a weather fairy is an interesting read that is loved by children interested in fiction.